Poor air quality comes with wildfires, smoke, dust, harvest, smog, and other factors that may cause our horses to have breathing issues. Being proactive in keeping your horses respiratory system healthy will hopefully safe guard you from having an issue come up. So what can you do to help? Here are a few tips when your horses are dealing with poor air quality.
1. Provide plenty of fresh water. Drinking water will help soothe and keep the respiratory system moist.
2. Spray hay and ground down with water. This will help eliminate dust around their feeders and in their hay.
3. Limit exercise. Increased airflow can potentially cause respiratory issues.
4. Support their entire respiratory system with 22 Respiratory Support. The herbs in 22 Respiratory Support help maintain normal respiratory function, and may be beneficial in:
- Assisting the body in combating environmental pollutants
- Supporting normal recovery after strenuous activity
- Helping maintain the normal integrity and function of the lungs
- Supporting normal mobilization of invading toxins