Have you ever noticed that dogs have an annoying tendency to eat almost everything in sight? No matter if it is good or bad for them. Well, the good news is that if you catch your dog eating soybeans, soybeans are not harmful to your dog. In other words they are not poisonous to your dog’s health. In fact, Soybeans in moderation, may have many hidden health benefits for your dog.
Soybeans are high in protein. Unlike most plant-based proteins, soybeans are a complete protein. Which simply means, that they contain all of the essential amino acids. Amino acids are the building blocks of a dog’s body. They build and repair organs and tissues like tendons, muscles, skin, hair and blood, and they also function as enzymes, hormones and antibodies.
You may be asking yourself, can a dog eat and utilize a plant-based protein like soy? The short answer is yes, yes they can. If you own a dog, then you already know that they just don’t eat meat. They will eat a variety of foods like potatoes, chips, corn and many other types of food. A dog’s body is well equipped to utilize the nutrients they receive from plants. If they could not, then we would not be providing healthy herbs for your dogs. The truth is, that it takes a balanced diet of both plant-based and meat-based proteins to provide your dog with the amino acids they need to stay in good health.
If your dog is being fed a good quality dog food, then most likely they’re getting all of the amino acids they need, even without soybeans. If this is the case, then you do not need to add any protein supplements to your dogs meal. However, soybeans have more to offer then just plant-based protein, especially if you break it down to its oil form.
Soybean Oil Good for Dogs!
Soybean oil contains both Omega-6 and Omega-3 fatty acids which are essential to a dog’s health. Dogs cannot make these fatty acids on their own. Meaning they must get these essential fatty acids from an outside source. A proper balanced diet will help meet these needs. Allowing your dog to eat and digest soybean oil will help provide these essential fatty acids.
These fatty acids are not just used for energy, they are consider biologically active. They have important roles in processes like blood clotting and inflammation. According to petmd.com the right ratio of these fatty acids may help prevent the following conditions:
- ” Dry, dull, brittle, itchy skin and haircoat
- Inflammatory processes from any source
- Allergies, immune system dysfunctions-especially autoimmune conditions, and related diseases, such as arthritis, inflammatory bowel disease, diabetes, asthma, and ulcerative colitis, may respond to proper amounts of dietary omega-3s.
- Yeast infections can be slowed
- Visual acuity and heart conditions may be improved
- Omega-3s have been shown to slow the growth of some cancers
- Fish oils decrease the levels of cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood
- Overweight-a proper balance of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids can actually help prevent obesity
- Many mental conditions (in humans) respond favorably to increased levels of omega-3s.”
The potential benefits of Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids found in soybean oil is overwhelming. That is why we use this oil in our products like Hemp Seed-Coconut Oil for Dogs. Our perfect blend of Omega-3 fatty acids and soybean oil will help optimize your dog’s health.