2014 NCHA Futurity Champion
LHR Soomth Jamie May-2010 NCHA Cutting Horse of the Year
2010 Bill Freeman Award
Member of the NCHA Rider Hall of Fame
Over $3 million in NCHA earnings
- How did you get into cutting?
I started in reining cow horse and then got into cutting. Cutting provided me more opportunities, more shows, and more money.
- Who are your idols?
Buster Welch & Greg Ward
- What has been your best memory so far?
My best career memory so far is winning the 2014 National Cutting Horse Association Futurity.
- What do you like most about feeding SLH?
Feeding Silver Lining Herbs has been extremely successful for me. I like the fact that it is all natural and has no side affects.
- What products do you use?
My favorite product I use is the #14 Mare Fertility. Although I use several other products including: #20 Keep Cool, #37 Kidney Support, #29 LCR, and #12 Feet and Bone Support.
- What is your feeding program like?
We feed a grass/alfalfa mix with minerals and Silver Lining Herbs.
- What do you like to do for fun outside of the arena?
When I’m not riding horses I like to race my Porsche. I enter about 4-5 races a year.
- What is your favorite food?
You cannot beat a good rib eye.
- What super power would you like to have?
Time travel would be nice, to get more done!
- Can you give a training tip?
The best training tip I could give is to learn patience. Patience is a virtue.
- What is your routine for warm-up/preparing for your run?
I have lopers that warm my horses up, but my big thing is to study the cattle.
- If you didn’t training cutting horses full time, what career path would you have chosen?
If I wasn’t training horses I would like to be in sailboat competitions.
- What is something someone might not know about you?
Something most people do not know about me is that I have a degree in architectural design.