Helping our picky dogs eat their herbs
Are you trying to support your dog in a healthy and natural way by adding herbs to his daily regimen, but find that he’s not that willing to eat them? Supporting our picky dogs can sometimes be a challenge. Here are a few tips for your picky eater that may help him change his mind so he can get the added benefits of herbs he needs.
In powder form –
- If your picky dogs are eating a dry dog food they like, you can give them the herbs sprinkled over their dog food by adding a little water.
- Start with only giving one product initially and add in any others between morning and afternoon feedings or over the course of couple of days, gradually adding in all herbs. (It’s not recommended you give more than 4 different herbal products at a time)
- Give a smaller amount of the recommended dose. Then work up to the full recommended amount.
- Leaving their food bowl down, allowing them to pick throughout the day, may also make them come around to trying it.
- Our Hemp Seed Coconut Oil can also be used to help with the smell and taste of the herbs. Dogs seem to love the taste of the nutty flavor of it.
In capsule form-
- In capsule form, you can always give it by putting it on the back of their tongue so they will swallow it.