Why is supporting your dog’s respiratory system important?
Respiratory support is so important in dogs because the respiratory system handles two of their most important bodily functions: breathing and cooling. It’s important to mind your pet’s respiratory system early on. It can be easy for a young pup to contract a respiratory disease, and it’s very tough to get rid of that disease once it takes hold.
The same is true for older dogs. Once a dog gets up in age, its immune system will start to weaken. As their lungs go through degenerative change, they can become especially susceptible to respiratory disease.
Obesity in dogs is also a reason why they may struggle with their respiratory systems. Leading an active lifestyle and giving your dog a proper diet can help you maintain an optimal weight for your dog.
How do you treat respiratory problems in dogs?
Herbs can offer a natural method of treatment by supporting the normal function and maintenance of your dog’s respiratory system. Herbs are the purest form of vitamins and minerals and the easiest assimilated at the cellular level. In other words, the cells readily recognize herbs as food and immediately begins to benefit from them.
What are the signs of respiratory distress in dogs?
An increased respiratory rate, a discoloration of the skin; including gums and inside the eyelids and occasional coughing can be signs of poor oxygen delivery in your dog. Also, some dogs may have a pink foamy fluid coming from their mouth or nose signaling lung distress. Environmental factors may also cause respiratory issues. Poor air quality from smog or smoke and hot-dry or hot-muggy air can affect the respiratory system. Our #22 Respiratory Support contains herbs that can help with all of these issues.
Further, dogs can also get canine rhinovirus (in humans, this is like the common cold), tonsillitis, pneumonia, and “Kennel Cough” which is a highly contagious illness caused by a virus or bacteria. In these instances, using the #22 Respiratory Support along with our #25 INF-X infection fighter is the best way to support your dog.
Top 5 Beneficial Herbs for Respiratory Support in dogs
Mullein -Mullein is famed for its use in respiratory problems. First recommended over 2000 years ago in Greece for pulmonary diseases. This knowledge spread rapidly throughout the world and eventually to the Native American peoples.
1) Irish Moss – Soothing and nourishing to the lungs. Absorbs and eliminates excess liquid and toxins from the body.
2) Marshmallow Root – Effective in relieving inflammation and irritation, it quickly soothes coughs.
3) Yerba Santa – Traditionally used for asthma, bronchitis, and pneumonia. It is also anti-inflammatory and an expectorant.
4) Burdock – A natural tissue and blood cleanser that eliminates toxins that occur from chronic inflammation, Burdock is also soothing to the upper respiratory system and is also a cough suppressant.
All of these and other amazing herbs can be found in our #22 Respiratory Support.
5) CBD is also quite helpful for respiratory support because of it being a really great anti-inflammatory compound. Some studies have shown that CBD can be more effective at relieving inflammation and inflammatory pain than standard NSAIDS like ibuprofen and even as effective as some prescription anti-inflammatories. Combined with the #22 Respiratory Support, our CBD for Pets would be a valuable way to support your dog’s respiratory system.
Supporting your dog’s respiratory system in a natural and effective way with herbs and CBD can lead to an active, healthy and happy life for your pet and you!